Team Administrator – Job Role Summary
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Type: Full-time, permanent
Rate of pay: DOE
A brief summary
We are looking for a highly motivated and outgoing food lover to work as part of our integrated sales and marketing team and work cross-collaboratively within our business to ensure we deliver exceptional customer service and administration. As a key member of the Buttermilk team, you will be a safe pair of hands taking the lead on organising and delivering key administration tasks.
- An award-winning product – we have won so many Great Taste Awards, we are now a Great Taste Producer
- Inventive and always looking for the next big confectionery idea – we recently launched Strawberry Bellini fudge following the alcohol trend
- Our family heritage is still at the heart of the company, but we are forward thinking and always looking to grow
- A genuine and enthusiastic team who believe a good idea can come from anywhere
Who are we?
Tracy and David bought the family company in 2010 from David’s parents, they moved from their jobs in London (David an engineer and Tracy worked for Bloomberg) to realise the potential of Buttermilk.
They are supported by a team of around 50 across the office, the shops and the kitchens. By joining us you will become part of the Buttermilk family.
All our treats are lovingly handmade in-house by our craft confectioners. Stirred over open flames in traditional copper pans, our skilled team blend ingredients to create irresistible treats including fudge, tablet, brittle, honeycomb, chocolate clusters and now Easter eggs. The traditional methods we use have been the same since we started 50 years ago, our kitchen has now just got a lot bigger!
In September 2015 we rebranded and launched a new range with the aim of taking exceptional artisan confectionery to Britain and beyond. And it’s working!
We are now listed in around 15 countries across the world, hundreds of farm shops and delis across the country, Wholefoods, Selfridges, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s and there are many more premium stockists in the pipeline…
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly organised, starter-finisher to manage our office administration which includes daily processing of complex orders and liaising with the production team and warehouse to ensure smooth flow from order to delivery.
The role will include working closely with the Sales Team to manage complex key accounts and all associated administration, including attending meetings alongside the Sales Team.
We are looking for a self-starter who has oodles of ambition and enthusiasm, is happy to collaborate with everyone across the company, is inventive in their approach to tasks, but who is also a genuine character. We are a pretty down to earth bunch (you don’t have to wear a suit)!
The role will be based in Cornwall, but with a requirement to travel from time to time to events and meetings/events nationally, so you will need to be flexible.
What are the job requirements?
- Supporting management and business development of key national/international sales accounts by completing new lines forms, preparing tailored pitch presentations, occasionally attending meetings with Sales Account Managers and assisting with other administration requirements [communications via email, telephone and in person] being careful to protect the Buttermilk brand
- Supporting with the day-to-day delivery of the Sales and Marketing Communications plan which could include; data reporting (such as mail merges), mail outs, customer calling,
- Managing the day-to-day office administration with exceptional attention to detail including order processing, phone and email monitoring, complaints processing
- Developing, utilising and maximising the benefits of our new internal CRM system, taking a lead on the processes applied to this and ensuring data is up-to-date
- Developing standard operating procedures (SOP’s) to ensure the wider team continue to meet the core values of Buttermilk
- Taking responsibility for managing and delivering web orders and samples
- Supporting the Sales and Marketing team with other requirements
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Sales and Marketing environment
- Office management experience preferred
- A passion for the food industry, being eager to learn and spot new products, ideas and market opportunities
- Experience of managing a small team
- A working knowledge of CRM systems
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Sales and customer service experience with a warm and friendly manner
- Highly organised, flexible and adaptable in a fast-changing environment
- Full (clean) UK driving license is essential.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 11th June 2018
Initial interviews will be held on Tuesday 19th June 2018