This week we’re offering you the perfect picnic saviour in the form of this super-speedy Fudge Nut Flapjack recipe.
Simple, easy and ever-so scrumptious, this flapjack recipe can be tailored to your tastes by changing the fudge and inclusions. Florence paired our best-selling crumbly Caramel Sea Salt fudge with crunchy hazelnuts, a dream combination that meant these particular flapjacks didn’t last too long in the Buttermilk office! So whether you’ve got friends coming round for a coffee or you’re heading out for an afternoon on the beach with your family, these flapjacks will go down a treat!
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Weighing Scales
- 20cm x 20cm baking tin
- Baking paper
- 250g of Buttermilk crumbly Caramel Sea Salt fudge
- 50g of unsalted butter
- 250g of oats
- 60g of Hazlenuts
- A sprinkle of Cornish Sea Salt – table salt would be fine too!
- Heat oven to 200 degrees/180 degrees for fan ovens. Line your baking tin with baking paper.
- Add 250g of fudge to a saucepan and heat over a medium heat. Stir thoroughly until it becomes a sauce-like consistency.
- Add the butter in small chunks (technical term) and continue to stir until mixed with the fudge sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Weigh out 60g of hazelnuts and break into smaller pieces, halves is perfect. We find the best way to do this is to add the nuts to a plastic bag, place on a chopping board and crush with a rolling pin.
- Empty the hazlenuts into a mixing bowl and add 250g of oats. Mix thoroughly and slowly pour in the fudge and butter mixture – the sauce may look tempting but resist trying as it’s very hot!
- Once the wet and dry mixtures are combined spoon into your lined baking tin and pat down with a spoon to level out – it doesn’t have to be too perfect as homemade always looks better!
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until slightly golden on the top. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting.