Emma’s Rocky Road
We couldn’t hide the excitement on our faces when Emma opened up a beautiful Emma Bridgewater cake tin to reveal 9 chunky rocky road squares. There’s crunch from the biscuits, crumbly fudge chunks and even chewy marshmellows – wonderful! So whether you’re avoiding gluten or not, give this recipe a try. We promise you won’t regret it!
- 400g Chocolate – 200g plain/200g dark
- 200g – Butter/Marg
- 8tbsp – Golden Syrup
- 250g – Gluten Free Digestive Biscuit
- 240g – Mini Marshmallows
- 150g – Buttermilk’s Caramel Sea Salt Fudge
- Line a rectangle baking tray with cling film (both width ways and length ways) make sure there’s enough extra cling film over the sides – you’ll see why later.
- In a big mixing bowl add your Mini Marshmallows, break up and add your digestive biscuit (similar sizes pieces to the mini marshmallows) and then cut the fudge also into similar size pieces as your mini marshmallows. Mix all together in your bowl and leave to one size.
- Melt your Marg, Chocolate (broken up) and golden syrup in a glass bowl over simmering hot water in a saucepan. Keep stirring the mix to make sure it’s smooth and glossy. Once this has melted take off the heat a leave to one side just to cool down slightly.
- Once cooled down enough to touch by hand (or use an oven glove) poor the melted chocolate mix into your big mixing bowl filled with Fudge, Marshmallows and digestive biscuits. Mix all ingredients in well together so everything is covered with chocolate.
- Once you’re happy with it poor the completed mixture into your lined baking tray. Pushing down the mix evenly in the tin making sure its totally filled in every corner.
- With the remaining extra cling film, pull it over the top of the mix and wrap it up completely wait for it to cool down slightly and the place in the fridge ideally overnight but at least 8 hours or when its firm and set.
- Cut into pieces, squares or rectangles work best, and enjoy!