1. Quality Guarantee
All purchases are covered by our no quibble guarantee so if you’re not happy with our products or we miss an important delivery date, we guarantee that we’ll immediately put it right for you – refunding or replacing as appropriate. Additionally, we will always come back from any mistakes with honesty and a positive solution that works for you.
2. Our Offers
Any offers we make are designed to be used independently and are not available in conjunction with any other offer.
3. The Contract Between Us
We must receive payment in full for the products that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
4.1 The prices payable for products that you order are as set out on our website.
4.2 In most instances you will be required to pay extra for delivery.
5. Our Products and Nuts
All products are made in our kitchen where we handle nuts and peanuts, so we can’t guarantee that they are free from nut traces.
6. Right for you to cancel your contract
6.1 You may cancel your order with us before it has been processed for shipping. You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your order nor will you have to pay any penalty. This right of cancellation shall not apply to business or corporate purchasers who must have a lawful reason for cancellation.
6.2 Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your order, any sum debited to us from your credit card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order.
7. Cancellation by us
7.1 We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
7.1.1 We have insufficient stock to deliver the products you have ordered. If this is the case, we will contact you to offer you a substitute product;
7.1.2 We do not deliver to your area; or
7.1.3 One or more of the products you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error.
7.2 If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by email and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
8. Delivery of products to you
8.1 We will deliver the products ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order. It is, however, your responsibility to provide us with accurate delivery address details. We will not check or verify addresses and messages supplied by you.
8.2 You will become the owner of the products you have ordered when they have been delivered to you or at the point of collection from store. Once products have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
8.3 Under the 2003 Licensing Act it is an offence to purchase or attempt to purchase alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18. We will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18. By placing an order for alcohol you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and we reserve the right not to deliver if we are unsure of this.
8.4 Free Delivery offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Offer can only be redeemed with a valid offer code. Free Delivery applies to one address per order for standard delivery. Code is valid for one order per customer.
9.1 If the products we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, or if you do not receive the products ordered, we shall have no liability to you other than as set out below.
9.2 If you notify a problem to us under this clause, our only obligation will be:
9.2.1 To make good any shortage or non-delivery;
9.2.2 To supply and deliver substitute products if your original choice cannot be delivered for any reason;
9.2.3 To replace any products that are damaged or defective; or
9.2.4 To refund to you the amount paid by you for the products in question in whatever way we choose.
9.3 Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the products in question.
9.4 Buttermilk, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this website), and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this website in any way or in connection with the use, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this website or your downloading of any material from this website or any websites linked to this website.
9.5 You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase products from our site. The importation or exportation of certain products to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the products you purchase.
9.6 Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
10. Intellectual Property
The content of this website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database right and other intellectual property rights. You may not reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on this website without written permission from a representative of Buttermilk.
11. Your Use of this Website
11.1 You may not use this website for any of the following purposes:
11.1.1 Disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws;
11.1.2 Transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice;
11.1.3 Interfering with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the website; or
11.1.4 Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright or other intellectual property right without the proper permission.
11.2 You will be responsible for our losses and costs resulting from your breach.
12. Our Right to Suspend or Cancel your Registration
12.1 We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
12.2 The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use this website shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at Buttermilk, Cooksland Industrial Estate, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 2QB. All notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time.
14. Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver products you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to products delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation to, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
17. Third party rights
Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
18. Governing law
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
19. Entire Agreement
Terms & Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of Buttermilk, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the competition.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via this website, the Buttermilk tablet, entry form or by email to email@example.com and only one entry per person is permitted.
- The closing date of the competition is midnight on 31st March . Entries received after this time will not be counted. Buttermilk accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault.
- The winner will be chosen at random by Buttermilk within 7 days of the end of the competition.
- The winner will receive Cornish Gin Fudge, Cornish Earl Grey Fudge, Tregothnan Tea, Miniature Tarquin’s Gin and a set of Sea Kisses mugs
- The winner will be notified by email and must confirm their details to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Buttermilk within 28 days of being contacted, Buttermilk reserves the right to select another winner.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. If Buttermilk and competition partners are unable to provide the stated prize, they reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or higher value.
- Buttermilk’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. Entrants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Buttermilk reserves the right to cancel or suspend the competition where necessary.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Buttermilk, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Buttermilk, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners agree to the use of their name for promotional purposes. This competition is governed by English law and entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- By entering this competition, you are agreeing to join the mailing list for Buttermilk and their competition partner.