National Pancake Day is here! Celebrate it with these decadent, gooey pant powered pancakes.
Jacob from @pengveganmunch whipped up some pancakes for us on our Instagram channel.
This is a simple plant based recipe for some traditional crepe style pancakes. I added a Buttermilk twist by melting their decadent Salted Caramel Cups within my pancakes, the gooey caramel and chocolate melt to make an amazing sauce inside the pancakes. I hope you have a sweet tooth.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 2 cups dairy-free milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
1. Sieve your flour into a large mixing bowl.
2. Combine the sugar and cinnamon with the flour.
3. In a separate jug mix your milk, oil and vanilla essence.
4. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and slowly add the wet ingredients.
5. Whisk until they are fully combined and there are no lumps.
6. In a frying pan heat up some oil on a medium/high heat
7. Add your pancake batter and fry each side for a few minutes
8. Just before serving get your Buttermilk Salted Caramel Cups and place them on one half of the pancake, fold the pancake over and leave on the heat for another minute to melt the cups.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Get your oven gloves ready – and share your pics with us @buttermilk_uk